Monday, June 13, 2005

Zombies and Lauren Bacall

Okay, so there were no zombies. But we did go see To Have and Have Not at the Hollywood Forever cemetary (projected on the side of a mausoleum). It was one of the most roundly enjoyable excursions in some time. We got there early, set up blankets, and ate and drank and had a fine time. The movie was excellent, too. I'm still snickering at "What are you trying to do, guess her weight?" It was a really diverse group of attendees, as well, with a mixure of high school friends and theater festival friends. Plus Trumbo, who fits into neither of those categories, but whose presence is always appreciated.

In contrast, last night we went to Howl at the Moon at Universal Citywalk for Kimberlyl Jo's birthday. The theme, as near as I could tell was "If frat boys grew up to be sub-par, piano-centric cover bands." A loud and oppressive atmosphere combined with a jocular, casual sexism. It was totally delightful. And by "delightful" I mean "tiresome after 30 seconds." Not really my kind of place at all, particularly coming straight from a performance at the end of a long weekend. I would've left, but when I mentioned the possibility of departure, Kim put on a ginormous pout so I stuck around. What? It was her birthday party.

I thought the show went really well this weekend. Um, and that's about all I have to say about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I've just become taken with the image of Israel and Palestine sitting down for peace talks, with Kim just pouting at them.

Girl's a pouting MACHINE.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home