Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Der weekend

Friday night Mike came over to watch Mystery Science Theater and I fell dead asleep. Did... did Paul come over too? And Aimee? Maybe? I can't remember my life from four days ago, people. This is a problem.

I don't think Paul came over.

Wait, Frank came over. Not Paul. Okay, it's sorted.

And since Frank came over, he crashed at our place, and then the next morning we all got up, met Paul, and walked Runyon Canyon. Yes! It all falls into place.

Easy access to the canyon is one of the nicest things about living in Hollywood. I'm going to do it all the time, as long as I can remember that it exists. I will be in good shape, dammit!

Saturday night was Alan's birthday at St. Nick's, home of the World's Slowest Bartenders. After about 10 minutes waiting for a drink I was ready to give up, but then Meredith and her substantial cleavage backed me up and got me my drink and one for the guy standing behind us. I had drunk several beers waiting for Frank to pick me up, and then I had whiskey and vodka at the bar, so I got a bit drunk. After the bar we went to Hollywood House for awhile, but by then it was 4 in the damn morning so I went home to go to bed.

Then my sister called at 11 AM, thus interrupting my Hangover Recovery Incubation. Damn it.

Sunday Frank and I went over to the westside to watch the Super Bowl at Nell/Brooke/Whitney's (that place needs a nickname, STAT). Over the course of the day, Lindsay recorded the new hit single, "It's Sunday! I'm drunk!" I'm sure it'll be hitting the airwaves soon.

After the game, Will and I decided to teach Lindsay poker, which was a bad idea, considering the absurdly good cards she caught. Most frustrating was the flush on the river when I had two pair, aces and jacks. Good thing we weren't playing with real money.

Finally I decided to turn in and caught the bus home (Frank had gone to work earlier in the evening). The bus showed up only five minute after I got to the stop. Lucky break. Go, MTA, go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for coming on Saturday night. I didn't realize the bartenders were being slow. Actually, I didn't realize much of anything that night. It was awesome!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, HELLO, did you ever consider the fact that maybe I KICK ASS at poker, even if I just learned it? Because I do. Now if I can just remember the rules for next time, I will school you and anyone who challenges me. HA.
also, nell/brooke/whitney and I sometimes refer to their house as Casa 952. but it's not really a funny nickname, just functional.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Jenni: The poker lasted maybe a half-hour, so I doubt it would have been worth the commute.

Alan: My pleasure. I think I just caught the exact moment when the bartenders entered Slow Time. Everything snapped back to normal the moment I got my drink.

Lindsay: Re: you poker skills - Whatever. Re: Casa 952 - functional, but perhaps we could come up with something with more zest.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home