Monday, October 18, 2004

Tales from the Weekend

Not much went on, really. Kind of quiet. No big news or anything. Except, of course, the CAR.

Laurel gave me her car on Saturday, because she just bought a new one and is apparently making mad money at her job. I just needed to buy a new battery for it. So, a perfectly fine car for about 80 dollars. Glories! So thank you, Laurel. Should you come to your senses, please don't call.

I was driving home on Saturday (Driving! Home!) and I thought to myself "Self, though you may now have a motor vehicle, you should do the minimum required driving until you get insurance and all that jazz." Cut to that evening, and I'm on the phone with Frank.

Frank: That's so great about the car. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities! You should come to this party in Santa Monica tonight.

Jeff: I'm gonna!

Okay, so I drove to Santa Monica for this party. Didn't quite fall under the "minimum required driving" mandate I set for myself, but still, it was worth it. I regret nothing. And now the car can stay safely put for the rest of this week while I work out the details.

The party was really fun, too. I like those kids from Frank's play. They're all quite friendly. Except for Sam, of course. That kid's a dick. I spent a good deal of the evening talking to Frank, Matt McKenna, and this girl Nell, who bore an uncanny resemblance to my friend Sarah Candler. Weird.

Oh, and I met another one of Jennie's friends from college. It's always strange when that happens, because I have to be "Oh, you're friends with Jennie from college? I've known her since kindergarten." That throws people off.

Other than that, the weekend was largely dedicated to making it through the fourth season of Farscape before the miniseries on Sunday night. Ah, Farscape. Truly you are the greatest sci-fi show ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home