Friday, October 15, 2004

They grow up so fast

I was talking to Kim last night and she was complaining about how cynical she has become about relationships. Since her time at college is rapidly ending, she's concerned about her dating prospects once she is thrust into the real world. She theorized that her time at college is her only window in which to find someone she wouldn't necessarily mind spending the rest of her life with, and marrying him. I was of course reminded of Frank and I's joke upon our own graduation. "Well, time to decide which of our female friends to marry." It's a prospect I still sort of endorse, as spiteful as I am about forging my way in the dating scene.

I told Kim she better get cracking, since she hasn't found anyone yet. I suggested scoping out the freshman boys. Her response? "Ew! They're all so young!" I immediately screamed "NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS!" You can't imagine the amount of crap she gave me for bemoaning how old I felt when we were dating. Of course, the bemoaning probably got tiresome more or less instantly, so I can't really blame her. It's just that when she was 19 and I was 23, that felt like a chasm a million miles wide. I remember Trumbo expressing a similar sentiment after he had dated Devon, so at least I'm not crazy.

Kim also has my problem of having potential suitors that she is unfortunately not interested in, but more on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home