Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Comic Con: Friday

I keep forgetting things! Onward!

-We wake up late Friday, thus missing the V for Vendetta panel. You can tell who went, though, because they've all got V masks.

-I wear my Journey shirt, confident it will be the only shirt I wear this weekend that someone else won't also be wearing. I'm totally right.

-I skip the Jhonen Vasquez and Veronica Mars panels to eat lunch and roam the floor. Damn, that Leia was hot.

-I wait an hour and a friggin' half to get John Cassaday's signature on both the first issue of Astonishing X-Men and my Absolute Planetary hardcover (the sign said "No Sketches," dammit!). Cassaday is one handsome motherfucker. Cassaday later wins Best Penciler/Inker at the Eisners.

-Since Cassaday took so long, I miss the Brian K. Vaughn panel. I really wanted to see that! Paul consoles me by getting Vaughn's autograph on a Runaways trade Paul had borrowed from me before the Con. Awww! Since he signed my property, Vaughn wins Best Writer at the Eisners.

-A few of us attend the first Webcomics panel for more "research." There are a bunch of cool webcomics guys there, most of which I've even heard of! I'd link to them all if I weren't such a lazy-ass, but let me just say that Scott Kurtz is not afraid to say what he thinks.

-I meet Quin's girlfriend Mandy, who's shooting the documentary with him. She thinks my name is Frank, at first. She spends a good deal of the evening trying to get me to repeat on camera funny things I've said. I am convinced the documentary will just be about how none of us can find a party and/or get laid at Comic Con.

-We eat donuts that Jenni has in her car for some reason. They're delicious.

-Asa, Laurel, Jenni and I catch the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica that SciFi is airing in one of the big con rooms. It is awesome, but the sound is so piercing that we have to make makeshift earplugs from paper towels.

-While Emory, Leslie, and Ethan eat fancy food, I grab some pizza with Asa, Paul, Jesse, Laurel, etc. They head to a bar, but I head home, since I have become deathly ill. Meanwhile, Mike ends up at a Border's Harry Potter release party with Joss Whedon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home