Sunday, December 18, 2005

Oh, that closet

I know I'm a little behind on the whole "Trapped in the Closet" phenomenon, but VH1 helpfully aired the first eight parts today. It's a master class in unintentional comedy. And why didn't anyone tell me that The Wire's Michael K. "Omar" Williams played the cop? I love spotting Wire cast members. Jim "Prez" True-Frost was on Law and Order last night.

You can tell I'm in KC because all I can talk about is bad TV.

Project Runway? Really enjoyable! As Leslie said, "I like this show because they actually have to make things."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know about the commentary R. Kelly did for Trapped in the Closet? It's this weird video-commentary thing, where R. Kelly is sitting with his back to the camera watching the movie on a giant screen, and every so often he turns around and explains stuff into the camera.

I was recently at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, where Paul F. Tompkins was performing. He sat in an armchair onstage with his back to the audience, took this video commentary and played it on a giant screen, and after every time R. Kelly turned around to talk to the camera, PFT would turn around and explain the commentary to the audience, saying things like "he's explaining really obvious things right now; you would probably be able to understand this part of the film even if the sound wasn't on" and "now he's getting confused about what a 'cliffhanger' is."

It was, like, twelve layers of funny. And only one of those layers was intentional.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

That sounds like PURE GOLD. That also reminds me that I need to go see the Paul F. Thompkins Show again.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home