Friday, June 09, 2006

On edge

Yesterday I had one of those occasional days full of anxiety/loneliness, so I'm glad Blogger wasn't working all day or else I probably would have posted something embarassing. I'm feeling much better today. As Doughty says, the only way to beat it is to bat it down. I leave you with quotes from two fine works of fiction.

"Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26, and we were of that disposition." - Rob Gordon, High Fidelity (the film)

"It is a defect of God's humour that he directs our hearts everywhere but to those who have a right to them." - Lady Croom, Arcadia

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's kind of awesome. You win this round, Mr. Stone.

Mike

11:08 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Enjoy it while you can. In the next round you will die alone.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That's what happens when Blogger shuts down. Stupid Blogger.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff Stone? More like Jeff EMO.

I am a WORDSMITH.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I think "Emo Stone" rolls off the tongue better.

Good thing I got my hair cut.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

man, high fidelity is a good book. makes me want to read it again, even though I've already read it 3 times. because i'm a nerd.

xox

5:00 PM  
Blogger -Laurel- said...

I've been moody this week too.

I was on the verge of tears all yesterday afternoon because my damn acting class was postponed yet again.

So I think it's just the weather.

Or hormones.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, Jeff has PMS.

Geez, I leave town and you all get sad...coincidence? I think not.

You should come visit KC and entertain me, I'm BORED!!!!

sorry you're having a bad day/week.
kisses!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I declare this bad mood officially OVER. All whining will now cease.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home