Friday, November 05, 2004

Retraction

I said, some time ago (I'd look up the link, but who cares?), that it was Leslie who introduced me to Sleater-Kinney. Now, at the risk of looking stupid, as well as losing Frank's friendship by publically posting what he believed to be private correspondence, I give you Frank's rebuttal to my Sleater-Kinney assertion, in his own words:
"Casually browsing your blog, I couldn't help but notice that on October 5th you credit Leslie with introducing you to the Sleighter-Kinney album "One Beat." I'm pretty sure that I introduced you to that album, and that in fact doing so was my first act upon arriving in Los Angeles, since it had been released a week previous and I'd bought it to listen to on the road trip out here.

I'm fairly certain, actually, that I introduced Leslie to that album, who was already a fan but had not yet heard the new CD. In any case, I'm relatively positive that it was my copy of the CD that you burned for yourself."
He's right, of course. It was his copy. It just seems like a band Leslie would be into, right? With the grrl power and all. And the Canada. Oh, well. There you have it, folks. I have a poor memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home