Wednesday, November 03, 2004

So that happened

I guess Kerry's conceded. Yuck.

Last night Frank, Matt, and Kim came over to watch election results and we were having a pretty good time for a while there. Then as the last few states were left but they kept skewing for Bush, it sort of turned into a grim death march, punctuated by the occasional "I can't believe this is happening!" Drinking for enjoyment became drinking to dull the pain. Emory and Leslie finally went to bed in disgust. Matt went back downstairs, and Frank passed out on our floor (poor guy hadn't had a day off in three weeks). That left just me and Kim to watch CNN until about 12:30 AM or so, until I was barely keeping my eyes open. I think Kim was still fueled by youthful exuberance and blind rage, but she noticed I was fading and took off.

I have to give credit to CNN. They flatly refused to call Ohio. Wolf Blitzer was saying "We know other organizations have called Ohio, but we will not do it until we're certain. We've learned from last time." I thought that was nice. And it was like 2:30 in the morning for them. As of this morning they still haven't called Ohio, Iowa, and New Mexico.

I guess I'll just say this. I can't think of an administration that more openly flaunted its own vast incompetence in practically every matter facing the nation. And the voters have spoken, and that's who they want to stick with, it looks like. I am super disappointed in the American people right now, let me tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home