Tuesday, February 08, 2005

As I continue to suffer

Still feeling crappy. Although less crappy than yesterday, so here I am at work. DYING. I seriously just sneezed like twenty times in a row. I think I'm losing brain fluid.

Leslie will tell you everything about our new cat friends that you ever needed to know. Now you cat people have a surrogate who can rival your level of cat enthusiasm. I think they're adorable and all, but I can hardly match Leslie's overwhelming euphoric glee.

I suppose I should take a lesson from my illness. In that spending a weekend singing, drinking, and not sleeping are prone to debilitate your immune system. It is a lesson lost, however, considering the amount of fun I had this weekend. It was well worth the price of my impending death.

That was some great party at Laurel and Trumbo's place this weekend, huh? It's always great to run into those Oxy kids whenever I can. I seem to vaguely recall quizzing some underclassman about her romantic life. She was cute. And probably 11. And the police showed up! That's always the sign of a good time.

Which isn't to knock the good time I then had at Alan's birthday party the following night. I just drank a lot less since I was driving and had spent most of Saturday recovering from Friday's revelries. As I noted at the bar when I took a sip of my one Jack and Coke, "Mmm, I've been tasting this all day. It's like returning to the womb." I was really tired so I kept threatening to go home, but then people pestered me into going back to Hollywood House, where I then proceeded to play Soul Calibur II with Doug until I left. I meant to socialize, really I did. The pull of the Soul Calibur is just too strong!

Anyway, it was a good weekend. It just came at a price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home