Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ugh

BAD PLAN: Going straight from Peer Gynt tech rehearsal to Laurel and Trumbo's and getting very drunk indeed, then getting up at 8:45 AM to drive back to Pasadena for more Peer Gynt rehearsal wearing the same clothes I had on the day before. Not the formula for feeling well in the morning, I'll tell you that much.

Peer Gynt is really fun. At one point Michael York does an extremely goofy dance. Hey, I discovered last night that there's another orchestral piece in Peer Gynt that everyone's heard. It's that sort of "Oh, morning has broken on the farm," peace and tranquility sort of thing that you used to hear all the time on cartoons. You know what I'm talking about right? Peer Gynt strikes again! Truly it is a treasure trove of overused but engaging orchestral pieces.

At a few points they have these dancers come out, and they're pretty and everything, but in their first scene they're portraying these trolls, so I was like "Hey, dancers, cool." Nothing to write home about. But then in the second act there's this sort of Arabian Nights section and the dancers come out in these sort of harem girl outfit things and suddenly I was like "Dancers...guh..." Uncomfortably hot, is what I'm saying. So this is the second straight weekend I've had to watch beautiful dancers write laciviously in various states of undress. Stop it, dancers! You're going to ruin all other women for me!

I tripped over Mabby in front of one of the soloists and the soloist laughed at me and Mabby laughed too because MABBY IS MALICIOUS.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home