Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I suppose it was inevitable

Speaking of test screenings, I should note that they finally released The Film We Do Not Speak Of.

Actually, we speak of it all the time. Give us half a chance, Frank, Emory, Paul, or I, and we'll go on and on about how it was the single worst film any of us had ever seen. Two and a half hours long and every second of it pain. After it had such an abysmal test screening, we kept an eye on its possible release, and saw several supposed release dates come and go. Eventually, we slept easy, content that we and the other brave souls in that test screening had taken a bullet for all of mankind.

But now it's gotten out. Dumped on DVD with no fanfare, released by a company no one's ever heard of, but OUT. It walks among you. It doesn't sleep. It never tires. It is a self-propelling engine of awful. Beware. Sure, it's a good forty-five minutes shorter than the version we saw, but make no mistake. It still seems like an eternity spent in the darkest pit in hell. Of course, we had to own it.

Hell, we had to go to a few different stores to find the unrated version.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I have no idea what Bootmen is. Who's Your Daddy (the original, uncut, 2 1/2 hour version that I saw at its first screening) is the worst movie I've ever seen. If I could conjure up that cut for you, I would. As it is now, on DVD, it is simply ONE of the worst films I've ever seen.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I love how Who's Your Daddy has this Magnificent Ambersons-like textual history, where there's rumors of some long-lost 2.5 hour cut floating around in the Brazilian jungles out there.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

In the original cut it took 45 minutes to get to the inciting incident! Now it only takes 30!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home