Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Identity Cluelessness

The more I think about the ending of Identity Crisis, the more it strikes me as the ending of Clue.

Mrs. White: So this has nothing to do with Colonel Mustard's defense contracts or Professor Plum's work on the new fusion bomb?
Wadsworth: No, Mrs. White. The JLA brainwashing its old enemies was just a red herring.

I wouldn't be so snide if Identity Crisis didn't end so preposterously. It's just like "She's crazy! The end!"
"Yeah, but when? Why? How?"
"Didn't you hear me? CRAZY! Case closed!"

There's just no getting around how dumb it is. Especially when the most interesting aspects of the story end of having absolutely nothing to do with the mystery. It just makes the whole thing so cheap and tawdry, which is unfortunate, because I was totally on board with the series heading into the final issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home