Thursday, March 03, 2005

Cats vs. tube

I have found a new delight.

The other day I found a long cardboard tube in our apartment, presumably left after one of Leslie's artsy craftsy projects. As I am wont to do, I started carrying it with me everywhere, swinging it around like a sword. Yesterday, I learned that the cats, specifically Pagan, do not like the tube. It's not as if I swing it at him and he runs away. I need only point the tube at him, and he rushes to get as far away from the tube as possible. The tube doesn't even need to be close to him. Last night Leslie and I were watching TV and Leslie was calling Pagan. He hesitantly poked his head out from the hallway, and as Leslie cooed at him I picked up the tube and pointed it at him from all the way across the room. His eyes grew wide and he took off like a shot. So now I can terrorize him with an absolute minimum of effort. There was a point when I thought I should try and get him to like me, but this is proving to be much more satisfying, not to mention easier. Pagan will even flee from Leslie when faced with the tube. Remember, between love and fear, always bet on tube.

I am a bad person.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. I can relate, my ex-boyfriend's dog was also affraid of me, even after countless attempts of trying to be nice, (maybe she knew I was a cat person). So I started to enjoy her fear. Everytime I tried to pet her, she'd pee on the carpet. Tormenting animals is fun!

-undercoverpancakes

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. I can relate, my ex-boyfriend's dog was also affraid of me, even after countless attempts of trying to be nice, (maybe she knew I was a cat person). So I started to enjoy her fear. Everytime I tried to pet her, she'd pee on the carpet. Tormenting animals is fun!

-undercoverpancakes

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home