Friday, February 25, 2005

Oh, right, the Oscars

The Oscars are this weekend, aren't they? I'll be missing a good chunk of them, since I have rehearsal starting at the same time, but as a dutiful movie geek, here's a quick list of who I think will win and who I think should win. I haven't Finding Neverland and a few other nominated films, but I'll hardly let that stop me.

BEST PICTURE
Will win: Million Dollar Baby
Should win: Sideways

BEST DIRECTOR
Will win: Martin Scorcese
Should win: Scorcese. Just give him the statue, already!

BEST ACTOR
Will win: Jamie Foxx, Ray
Should win: Jamie Foxx (none of the nominees really lit my fuse this year, and I haven't seen Hotel Rwanda)

BEST ACTRESS
Will win: Hilary Swank, Million Dollar Baby
Should win: Hilary Swank

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Will win: Morgan Freeman, Million Dollar Baby
Should win: Clive Owen, Closer (Not that Freeman winning would upset me. Morgan Freeman totally rules.)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Will win: Cate Blanchett, The Aviator
Should win: Virginia Madsen, Sideways

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Will win: Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor, Sideways
Should win: Payne and Taylor

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Will win: Charlie Kaufman, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Should win: Brad Bird, The Incredibles (although again, I wouldn't mind a Kaufman win)

So there you go. Feel free to wrassle with me on any of these. Then again, maybe you find this year's Oscars as boring as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home