Thursday, February 24, 2005

A long time ago, we used to be friends

Best Veronica Mars ever was on Tuesday. After last week's so-so rap mogul episode, this past episode literally had everything but the kitchen sink. What other show right now could so adroitly juggle a secret crush, the Russian mob, a dead mother, mysterious phone calls, a greiving son, a big 80's dance, and a special guest appearance by Allyson Hannigan? The episode had it all, and it all ruled. Congrats, Veronica Mars, you're my favorite show on television right now. Of course, Deadwood starts up again in like two weeks, so don't expect to hold that title for long. Ah, sweet Deadwood. If Ian McShane were a woman, I would make him my bride.

What post about Veronica Mars would be complete without also complaining about Lost? Actually, I haven't seen the last three episodes of Lost, and from what I've gathered I've missed absolutely nothing. See, the thing about Lost is that since it's so reluctant to reveal any damn thing about any of its mysteries, one simply has to come to the conclusion that all the mysteries are tied up together, and rather than a series of reveals it can only be illuminated with one big reveal. Probably to take place in May. That leaves a whooooole lot of water to tread in the meantime, and I can't be bothered with aimless bullshit. Wake me up when you're ready to talk, Lost. What's that? You say that next week the episode focuses on Hurley? Oh, okay. I'll watch that shit. Hurley rules.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I keep MEANING to watch it, but then more interesting things come up, like going to Frank's apartment or to the comic book store.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Jenni, I've come to the inevitable conclusion that your job leaves you with way too much time on your hands. I'm going to write a letter to your bosses.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home