Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Girls, what's my weakness?

It's sort of comforting to know that no matter where Trumbo does karaoke, he will sooner or later be mobbed by crazy drunk women. Last night it was a pack of Canadians!

When I got to Brass Monkey last night, someone had discovered that the karaoke book included Partners in Kryme's "T-U-R-T-L-E Power" and everyone became really insistent that I perform it. I begged off for most of the evening until Alan secretly signed me up for it by substituting it for a song I had already signed up for. The reaction was more positive than I anticipated. Several times I noticed the bartender with her hands in the air going "Woooo!" 20-somethings just love Partners in Kryme! Later I was in the bathroom and this guy was in there and he started going on and on about how awesome it was that I did "Turtle Power" and I thanked him and as he opened the door he turned and yelled "Shredder ain't shit!" then scampered away. Hilarious? Yes.

I am also pleased to report that Brass Monkey's version of "Shoop" has the "Not you. You." bit at the beginning and the part with Wicked G at the end. All Star's version did not. He's gonna have you sounding like a retard!

3 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

I was pretty disappointed in myself when I realized I don't really know Shoop. I should. but I don't. I could probably do ok with None o' yo' business, hopefully. I was also disappointed that that was my last song of the night because crazy screaming drunks took over after us.

I feel like the DJ could have mixed it up a bit and get some people from our table in there occasionally. they're on scraps of paper, no one would know. I got pretty bored after wating an hour and no one with us went up. But I was pretty tired and cranky I guess.

At least my fries were free. Ha! suckers!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, at that point everyone who had signed up at a reasonable hour had sung at least twice if not more, whereas crazy drunk Canadians hadn't sung at all. But we probably should have left sooner. (We left not long after you did.)

Free fries? Incompetent smoking hot waitress strikes again!

11:18 PM  
Blogger -Laurel- said...

Her English isn't so great. I am almost sure of this. either that or she is actually quite mentally challenged.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home