Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Oh, you men

Matt pointed an article out to me today in the most recent issue of GQ. I wish I could link to it for you, but it's not on the GQ website, sadly. The gist of it is examining the word "cunt," and detailing how it is the perfect weapon to use against women when those nasty bitches start yelling at you for some damn reason or another. Hilariously and nauseatingly, the article is listed as "Advice." Here's a brief excerpt, as the author recalls when he first learned that "cunt" has power.

"I learned that men still had a weapon in this war, if only they dared to draw it from its sheath... That night my relationships with women changed. I'd taken a male-self-defense course, in a way, and I didn't have to use my knowledge to feel its effects on my self-confidence. At any moment, I now realized, I had the option of blowing to smithereens any female I encountered."

What a hateful, sad little piece. That a man would consider basic relations to the opposite sex as a "war," is sad enough. But this guy is relieved he has an unbeatable secret weapon, since now the women are all powerful with their feminism and stuff. How manly. Well, you'll certainly show them, sir.

Listen, here's my yardstick for sexism. You substitute gender with race. Does it still sound cool to you? Like this article, for example. What if it read like "Man, I sure am threatened by these black dudes who keep taking my jobs with their affirmative action and shit. Thank God I've still got the n-bomb!" I'm thinking they'd get some letters.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Cunt is an interesting word, though, because it's such a violent, masculine-sounding word, and yet, it's a descriptive for the most feminine part of the female body.

Pussy, twat, cooze, etc. all strike my ear as softer, and daresay -- cuter. But somehow, cunt manages to sound abrupt and angry. Even when you say it in a monotone voice, with no inflection.

English is a strange language.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I think it's the hard "c" with the "t" combo. Produces that short staccato sound.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough, "cunt" comes from words in several cultures meaning strength, feminine power and names for the goddess-of-all.

Meanwhile "vagina" translates to "sheath for a sword."

-Leslie

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Leslie, quit spreading that pagan shit around. If you demystify that word, it will totally be like you demilitarized all us dudes.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hex you!

Also, we might end up using a gem from that article in our "unquote" section.

-L

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home