Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Fantastic

Are there only three scenes in the Fantastic Four movie? There've been like three trailers and it's just been more or less the same footage every time.

Here's a controversial statement: I don't hate the Fantastic Four trailer. Sure, the dialogue is weak, but the movie looks like it could be goofy fun, and that's really the tone an FF movie needs. I've never been a particular fan of the FF comic (save for Waid's awesome run, and that Morrison miniseries), but I don't think this film will be the nail in superhero film coffin that many in the comics blogosphere (kill me if I ever say that again) have supposed. Scott Tipton puts such talk in perspective. (Seriously, follow that link. It's hysterical.)

So yeah, it might be that bad, but I haven't despaired yet. And I won't lie to you, I get kind of thrilled when they show that footage of Johnny yelling "Flame on!" and then writing the flaming "4" in the sky. That's cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Someone has never read a Fantastic Four comic in their lives.

Someone is also a perv.

Three guesses as to who I'm talking about.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

The court says you are wrong.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home