Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Boy Who Kept On Living

Loathe as I am to put down System of the World for any length of time, I nonetheless picked up Harry Potter 6 yesterday. I've got to keep my finger on the zeitgeist, you know. I'm about 350 pages in, and I'm enjoying myself. After the rather sprawling, meandering nature of number 5, this one's just humming along. No subplots to drag this one down, really (a la S.P.E.W. or Rita Skeeter in 4). I like what a smartass Harry's become, and I'm glad Luna's still a focus. Around page 150 I thought to myslef, "This book could use more Tonks," and then boom! there she was.

Mostly I just like saying Tonks. Tonks, Tonks, Tonks. I think on my list of names for my children, I will replace "Tonka" with "Tonks."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

You mean when you wrote "Tonk" instead of "Tonks?"

The secret's out now, Jenni. You can stop hiding.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Man, both the Powell sisters have really weird romantic Draco Malfoy hangups. You guys should seek therapy.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

In a WEIRD coincidence, I ran into Kevin at a bar. It was kind of but not really INTERESTING.

There.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I was there. It was pretty normal. Except for the ninjas.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Tonks Tonks Tonks Tonks Tonks

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home