Thursday, September 08, 2005

Whatever it takes

What does it say about me and/or the quality of television in general that the most affecting moment I've seen on TV recently was an episode of Degrassi: TNG where Craig runs away from home and gets mugged for his guitar? This guy beats the shit out of Craig and picks up his guitar and Craig's moaning "Not my guitar. Please not my guitar," as the guy runs off. It was DAMN HEARTBREAKING.

Degrassi: It goes there.



Side note: The awesomest thing I've seen on TV recently was that scene in the 2nd episode of Rome where the guy discovers he's been cheated at dice and then puts his sword through the cheater's neck. That RULED.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

That was good. But it was not nearly as good as the ample amounts of crotch and tit we are inundated with during each episode. Oh, Polly Walker. Have you no shame?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

I love Rome. It's great TV.

Sadly, I've fallen off the Degrassi train. But not due to lack of interest (or shame). I need to get caught up. Did Emma complete her transformation into total burnout?

And what's this word verification crap? You getting a lot of spam?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I have also totally fallen off the Degrassi train. I just caught this one random episode one day. It was one of the ones with Kevin Smith.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I like Rome, but I find its stories somewhat meandering and poorly edited.

I'm also not a big fan of casting burly Scotsmen as 1st Century BC Italians.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home