Monday, January 30, 2006

Gaming

Sunday Adam had his birthday party, and many videogames were played, including a not-insignificant amount of Goldeneye, one of the finest games ever created by human beings. Sadly, Goldeneye is really just a barometer for what bad people Matt and I are, underneath.

I hadn't played Goldeneye in years, so I was worried I would have lost the knack. But after just a few rounds I was back in the saddle, and so was Matt, who roundly shot me up a lot. Just like high school, damn his black soul. I did a lot better once he left. You know what I'm not good at, though? THROWING KNIVES.

In related news, I am still terrible at Smash Brothers and Conker's Bad Fur Day. So very, very bad.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldeneye also remains a barometer for how bad I would actually be at the art of assassination. Wow! My ass just gets BLOWN UP.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Meanwhile, Matt and I: ace assassins! Seriously, by the end of the night I was Martin Blank.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm sorry I missed more hot Goldeneye action. Although, that game does make me very violent.

At least I was there for the greatest end to a Mario Kart race ever witnessed. Hooray for being happy at getting third place.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh man, that Kart race was HEARTBREAKING! And I had been in the lead for SO LONG! Well, it happens.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Along the assasin line, it's amazing for me, a person who is usually pretty balls to the wall crazy in his video game playing, to find I'm much better at the sneaky marksmanship stuff in Goldeneye.

Case in point: when I killed Paul in one-hit-kills without actually being able to see the TV.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home