Friday, February 17, 2006

Of men who've played bats

Here's a bit I lifted from The IMDB:
During an appearance on CNN's Larry King Live Thursday night, George Clooney was introduced by King as "the first person ever to be Oscar nominated for acting and behind-the-scenes work for two different films in one year." The description appeared to amuse Clooney, who responded that King had a way of finding "very specific things to make it sound really good. You know, I think it would be 'the best former Batman nominated for things.'" King, seemingly mystified by the response, responded, "You are the best former Batman." To which Clooney then replied, "Well, I don't know. I don't even think I can pull that one off."
Note how Clooney doesn't claim to be the best former Batman, because he knows Keaton is still out there somewhere, biding his time, awaiting the day when he'll be in a good movie again. I mean, I love George Clooney, but let's face it. The man is no Keaton.

Man, Keaton! Come back to us! In a good movie! The last time Keaton was around and in good things was his awesome one-two punch of playing goofy ATF agent Ray Nicolette in both Jackie Brown and Out of Sight. That was 8 years ago! Keaton come home. Remember when no one thought you would be a good Batman but then you totally ruled as Batman? We need your strength.

(In blogging news, I have decided that bolding is much better than all caps. Look for it from now on!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Really? Because the bold looks better on my computer. Way better.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Now that I'm on Emory's Mac at home, I see what you mean.

Only one possible explanation: Macs are stupid.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're stupid. macs rule. a mac can kick you in the face, if you lean in close enough.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I can't imagine how having a computer that kicks you in the face is an advantage, but I've always had trouble looking at things from the female perspective.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home