Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sigh deux

ASTONISHING X-MEN #13 SPOILERS AHEAD


To anyone (specifically Asa) to whom I said "Whedon wouldn't reveal that the White Queen has been secretly evil this whole time. I mean, redemption is his whole THING. Dismantling a great redemption arc like Emma's in New X-Men would be incredibly stupid of him," all I can say is...

How naive I was.

Don't even get me started on the bit about her secondary mutation, either.

Why are DC and Marvel so insistent that I stop reading their books? The books I still want to read are dwindling. Seven Soldiers is nearly over, but I guess I still have Nextwave and X-Factor. For now.

I weird part is that I'm really interested in the big Wildstorm relaunch later this year. I mean, Morrison on Wildcats and Authority? With Jim Lee and Gene Ha, respectively? That'll get me to buy the first issues, at least.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

"Dangerous," no matter what, just isn't that great. It has lots of fine moments, but it's ridiculously decompressed even for me and the ending twist is kind of bullshit.

I'm sure Leslie will be getting these issues, so maybe I can keep you appraised of the quality.

8:39 AM  
Blogger chris said...

someday i need to get you to point me in the right direction of a good comic book story. apparently i skipped that part of childhood, since i've never really read one at all, but they do look cool. i think my biggest problem would be that i have absolutely no patience whatsoever (this is why i flat out refuse to watch television shows in real time; i want to be in control of when i read the next chapter of the story), so it would have to be a series or arc that has already been completed...

oh, and if you really honestly think you're running out of things to read---learn french. these people go apeshit over comic book stuff. they're huge (~9"x12"), hardbound, and they comprise 1/4 to 1/3 or more of basically every bookstore here. of course, they also cost 15 to 30 francs per volume, but the artwork is pretty damn astonishing even so. last fall i borrowed a sequence of eight volumes from my next door neighbor that was called "lanfeust de troy" which was pretty cool. i think a lot of the french wordplay went over my head though.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home