Friday, March 03, 2006

Things that are funny

The cover of Nextwave #2 is great in many ways, but the bit that makes me laugh the most is the "Nextwave gets their lovin' from your mama!" line, because I am 12.

The interiors are funny, too. Funnier, I think, than last issue, which was plenty funny. This issue has stuff like "Fin Fang Foom put you in his PANTS," like that's just what Fin Fang Foom's all about. Just, y'know, putting folks in his pants. Or the bit with the robot priest. Or when Machine Man comes on to everybody. This book is just Warren Ellis having fun (if he's actively mocking anyone, it's himself), and dammit, it IS fun.

Also fun? Tales Designed to Thrizzle, a book I picked up on a whim since it had been recommended by just about every comics blog on the internet. And it is indeed very funny. I'd talk about it more, but I'll probably just lend you my copy. Or you could just go buy it. It's right at the counter at Meltdown.

6 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

HAH. Jeff lending comics. I SCOFF.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm not saying it's NEVER happened. But I have yet to see any recent evidence of such a thing occuring.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

There are only so many comics I have to lend, Liz. You've blazed through about 99% of them.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

That 1% naws at me so.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

gnaws. I write the English good.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hey, I wrote "Takes Designed to Thrizzle" above, when it should be "Tales," so who am I to judge?

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home