Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sour grapes

I give you a slightly paraphrased exchange from last night's Scrubs:

Girl who played Becky in that one season of Roseanne: "Oh, I don't want to do this. Can't we just go home and watch Grey's Anatomy?"
Zach Braff: "Ah, that show. It's like they took our lives and put them on TV."

I thought that was pretty funny, especially considering how Scrubs has been ratings-challenged, while Grey's Anatomy scored higher ratings than Desperate Housewives last week. It's funnier when it's an underdog making the joke, rather than the king of the mountain (looks at The Simpsons).

The Simpsons's many jabs at Family Guy came up in conversation at Llama School the other night, but remember when they mocked Dinosaurs? Christ, The Simpsons has been on FOREVER.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Adam and I watched that and laughed very very hard. Scrubs is so so so funny, and I only wish it wasnt on NBC or else I might remember it once in a while.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I take it you have some sort of NBC Amnesia?

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home