Monday, April 24, 2006

Adventures in JUVENILE COURT

I spent four hours up at Juvenile Court today, because of a certain stabbing incident that you may all remember. Anyway, justice was served. In other news, sitting at Juvenile Court is boring.

I finished Ilium last night. I don't want to ruin anything, although I am sorely tempted, but let me just say that the end of Ilium (much like Hyperion, Ilium has proved to be all setup for its sequel, Olympos), is sort of like fan fiction for The Iliad. But not just any fan fiction, no. This could qualify as THE GREATEST FAN FICTION EVER WRITTEN. I can't say more. Just read the book.

Did I mention that there are also a ton of references to Shakespeare's The Tempest? Truly this book is a handjob for science-fiction-inclined English majors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home