Thursday, May 18, 2006

To all things, an ending

You know, this is the first TV season in some time where I'm actually pretty bummed out that I have to wait three months for new episodes. Veronica Mars's big mystery reveal was ultimately a disappointment, but it still has my favorite cast of characters on TV. And there were certainly parts of the finale that were off-the-charts awesome. The Office's finale was just about perfect, although next season has to avoid the pitfall of any sitcom whose central relationship is a "Will they or won't they?" (Will They or Won't They, the sitcom I'm developing, will circumvent this problem when I unexpectedly kill of one of the leads. Sorry, Paul and Liz.) Top Model's over now too, and I wish I didn't love that show so much, but there it is.

The only shows with a few more episode to go are ones I'm less invested in, although 24 is still doing really well. House is episodic to the extreme, so I can't imagine anything particularly amazing happening in the finale (heck, they've alread had one of the characters catch the affliction-of-the-week this season). I've actually really enjoyed the last two episodes of Lost, although I hear last night's was a little lackluster. Still, I'm even enjoying the flashbacks more now that Seven Soldiers-esque interconnections are starting to pop up (some not even involving Jack's dad!).

Oh, and there are probably a few "new" episodes of Degrassi left, which, I expect, will go there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Paul AND Liz?

Eeep.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, I don't want to spoil which one of you is going to die.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Wouldn't that be an or, then?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, whoever survives is going to be sad about it, right?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Eh.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home