Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend

Man, what'd I do this weekend? Oh, that's right.

Friday was Whitney's going-away party (thrown well in advance of her actually going away, because Nell is going away first). It was a good time. There was merriment. I passed out on the couch at 952 at some point and apparently snored like a bear, as I do. I was pissed that I conked out. Stupid sleep.

Saturday night a few of us saw the production of True West that Sam directed, which was good, but then everyone went to bed afterwards but me, so I went to a party my friend Clare from Oxy was having. She only lives two blocks from me. The only two people I actually knew at the party were leaving as I arrived, so I figured I'd have a shitty time, but it turned out okay. Clare's friends are pretty cool, and there was one guy there who was like if Adam and Brent had a baby, so that was endlessly fascinating.

During the day both days we were shooting a new video short for The Atrox. Alexandra and Nell and Laurel were in it, and they all did a great job. It's so nice to know people who are so talented and psyched to do creative things with us. Anyway, the footage is pure gold, so hopefully the short will cut together well. It's one we've had in the pipe for a good long while, and I'm pretty excited about it. It'll probably go up in the next week or two, depending on Paul's schedule.

I could not write an Atrox strip this week to save my life. I had NOTHING.

Sunday night Lindsay and Mike came over and we watched some quality Sunday TV. Entourage was harmless as usual, and all the stuff at the high school party was solid gold. Also I love that in the Entourage universe, Aquaman could out-gross Spider-Man. It should also be noted how deeply I love Deadwood. I am so psyched for next week's episode, which will feature both Brian Cox AND the return of Mr. Wu! Mr. Wu is the SHIT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

4400 thoughts?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

It was solid, as usual. As Emory said last night, "It's my favorite show that isn't very good." I'm a big fan of The Brotherhood of Evil 4400s, and I thought it was really charming that they could never actually show a shape-shifting effect.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

That's a hilarious observation about the lack of actual shape-shifting.

Similarly, never before has a show marred by such poor acting devoted so much time to character development!

Everything about the 4400 is unusual.

I enjoyed Shawn's move into Michael Rosenbaum-y Lex Luthor-dom.

Next week is a Jack-Mac episode! Should be dee-lightful.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home