Monday, July 31, 2006

In the Air Tonight

Miami Vice is a good movie. It's not brilliant, it's not going to change the world or anything, but it's a perfectly serviceable action/thriller, and we get so few of those these days that I have to make note of it. Emory didn't care for the Gong Li/Colin Ferrell scenes, but I had no real problem with them. The final gunfight is awesome. And the cinematography is beautiful, but this is Michael Mann we're talking about. The movie's also got a ton of HBO alums in its cast. Look for Blasinov from Deadwood in an early scene.

Anyway, decent movie. Hope to see Little Miss Sunshine soon. All my friends who've seen it have been raving about it. And speaking of good movies, Brick comes out on DVD next week. You better believe I'm going to buy that shit.

2 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

Little miss Sunshine is the best movie i've seen this year. I already plan to buy it when it comes out.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, Mike and Corinne liked it so much that they're coming with us to see it tonight. I'm psyched.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home