Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Olympos

I finished Middlesex a few weeks ago, and I needed a new book. When I was out getting food last night I remembered that Olympos must have come out in paperback by now, so I swung by Borders and THERE IT WAS.

Veteran readers will perhaps recall my enthusiasm for Ilium, a sci-fi re-imagining of the Trojan War, with some bits from The Tempest thrown in for good measure. Olympos is its sequel. Here's the first sentence: "Helen of Troy awakes just before dawn to the sound of air raid sirens."

If you need me in the next few days, I will be GLUED to this motherfucker.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

did you like that book of Dave Eggers short stories I lent you?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I brought it with me to Comic Con, but never started it. But now Olympos takes precedence over all things. It'll only take me a few days to finish it off, though, then I'll hit up the Eggers.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home