Monday, September 18, 2006

Curse you, Sprint!

For the last few weeks, the casing around my cell phone's antenna has become more and more cracked, what with the wear and tear of my active lifestyle. Finally last week I accidentally dropped my phone, shattering the already-fragile chassis and sending my antenna flying. I stuck it back on with some tape (it still worked!) but finally had to concede that the phone needed some repairs. I took the phone into the Sprint store on Saturday, and they happily repaired my phone. But on Sunday I attempted to change the ringer volume using the side volume button, only to find it was now permanently stuck to "up." So now I have to go BACK to the Sprint store to have them repair their repairs. Stupid Sprint. I hold Matt responsible.

The weekend as a whole was pretty low key, since several folks with more money than I were off at Adam and Liz's wedding. There was a nice little birthday gathering at Lindsay's apartment, made espcially nice by Nell's presence, since she's returned for a few days. I also had dinner with Kim's family at The Olive Garden, and in the words of Principal Scudworth, I hadn't been to The Olive Garden in, like, forever.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed 'The Wire' on Sunday. But this gives me a week to read all the TWOP recaps at work. I'll be ready for you next Sunday Stone.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

But TWoP doesn't cover The Wire...

Perhaps you are reading all their Farscape recaps, instead.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craptastic. My fact-checking abilities are subpar. Surely someone must do recaps.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Actually, the best place to go would be the official HBO site, where they have org charts of the sizeable cast, as well as an extremely detailed episode guide.

But, y'know, you should actually watch the show one of these days.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will. I will as so many people have glowingly recommended it. But the only TV I can watch at work is 'Project Runway' and ESPN.

12:56 PM  
Blogger chris said...

where exactly do you work that they let you watch any kind of television? (raises eyebrow)

not that i have any room to talk, mind you; goofing off on the internet isn't any less reprehensible, it's just less conspicuous. (thank god!)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

I'd just like to point out that Olive Garden gets an unfair bad rap. If you're starving, Olive Garden's a pretty great deal. Huge, fatty portions and bottomless bread and salad.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home