Monday, June 04, 2007

Mayday!

So yeah, we got Best in Show at Mayday. It was a pretty nice feeling. Nell won Best Female Performance too, so good on her. She was a real trooper for, y'know, flying out to LA to visit and be in our movie. Thanks again to the Unlimited gang.

Decent crop of movies this year. Team Meat's entry was simple and funny. Yaiza is a champ. Also, John wins a thousand points for the line "Don't get ice!" Team Lower Gatsby's was shown out of competition, and featured a banana riding a dinosaur who then shot lasers out of its eyes, so A+ for those guys. Team Happy had sock puppets, and we all know what a sucker I am for those. I also dug the Guitar Hero documenatry and Six Finger Fist's kung-fu parody. But if I never see a serial killer movie again at Mayday, it'll be too soon. I guess they can't all be winners. Still, the ones I liked outweighed the duds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! You have no idea how hard I had to fight to keep the "Don't get ice!" line in the movie. In fact, we lost it from the original take so I made John re-record it and insert it back into the scene. Cracked me right up, it did.

Mike

9:44 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

*cough cough* um now let's not forget who suggested to re-record it in the first place ;)

John can pretty much make Mike crack up at any moment.

I'm glad you heard that line, cause it was hard for me to hear the sound clearly and I didn't want folks to miss that great scene!

Your movie was great. I'm so glad you won :) If one of those serial killer, weird, crazy ones had won I would have to protest.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home