Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In which my iPod mocks me

So walking home from Laurel and Frank's tonight my iPod decided to whip out some songs all in a row that, should someone off the street ask me what I was listening to, would make me reluctant to tell them.

"Click, Click Boom" by Saliva - Has Saliva written any songs that don't have "Boom!" in the chorus? To my knowledge, no.

"Car Song" by PaRappa the Rapper - I call it the Car Song because it is about PaRappa learning to drive. This song is sheer delight from start to finish. It got a lot of play in my circle of friends in college during my senior year. I couldn't go a day without hearing Charlotte and Lindy whipping out "I. Forgot. To Close. The Door." "YOU. Forgot. To close. The door."

"Rolling" by Limp Bizkit - No excuse for this one, really, save for the fact that every time I hear this song, I think of Emory's special dance to it, and I smile.

Then the iPod played "Creep" by Radiohead and I got all huffy and said "Whoa, iPod. I thought we were having a Guilty Pleasure mix tonight." So I skipped to the next song and it was "Johnny, Are You Queer?" by Josie Cotton. Whew! Thanks, for keeping it up, iPod!




In other music news, "My Name is Jonas" will be in Guitar Hero III, which means I will never stop playing it. Also, "Barracuda."

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I've been trying to find an MP3 of that Parappa song for like three years. Where did you get that?

My Name is Jonas is an amazing choice for a Guitar Hero song. It's fun and rocking and the guitar parts are simple but varied Fourteen years of air guitaring to that song are about to pay off big time.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Parappa came from Trumbo, I believe, who found it with his magical musical ways. I'm pretty sure it wound up on at least three seperate mix CDs given to me in college. You are welcome to rip one of them.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home