Friday, September 24, 2004

Addition to the geek lexicon

I'm going to add "retcon" to my list of frequently-used geek terms shoved into my everyday speech (see: post pre-crisis). "Retcon," for those not down with the Pee Pants*, means "to retroactively alter continuity" in comics and such. For example, Buffy retconned Spike's origin so that Druscilla was his sire, not Angel, as was originally implied. I'm going to cut up some magazines tonight, break out the old high school yearbook, and recon Emory out of existence and replace him with Victoria's Secret models. I think everyone from high school will be happier that way. If he asks what I'm doing, I'll scream "I'm retconning you!" and then punch him in the eye so he runs off crying like the timid schoolgirl we all know him to be.

Maybe I'll retcon this day at work out of my memory tonight with a quart of Jack Daniels. We'll see.



*Oh, MC Pee Pants. You were too much of an abomination to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home