Friday, October 01, 2004

Worst plan ever

Why do I do this to myself? Alternately, why must the most fun activities of my week fall on weeknights?

Last night I went and saw a sketch comedy show (The Insanities, for the record) and then went over to Kevin's apartment to play poker. Then I drank a six-pack of Heineken and stayed up until 3 in the morning. So, as you can imagine, getting up at 7:30 this morning was HEINOUS. I didn't get up on time. I called my boss and told her I would be late (she's cool about things like that) and slept for another half-hour. Suffice to say, the first few hours of my day were not extremely productive. Clearly, I am a moron.

The Insanities put on a pretty good show. It was kind of tough to tell how good, because I think they were goofing around a bit more than usual, but I can't be certain. But it was consistently funny, with some bits that bordered on brilliance. Dave's dramatic performance of a scene from First Blood springs immediately to mind. And who can resist the tomfoolery of the Farting Ninja? My one complaint is that the show ends with two sketches that are too long and aren't really funny enough to justify the length. It seemed like a bad plan to put what seemed to be the two longest sketches at the end of the show. But overall, thumbs up, most definitely.

After fleecing everyone last time, I lost quite spectacularly at poker this time around. I was up by a wide margin at one point, but Kevin devestated me with a Queen kicker to his trip 10s while I only had a nine kicker for mine. I never recovered from that debilitating blow. Joel ended up being the big winner, pocketing over a hundred dollars. At least I only bought in once. Maybe I shouldn't drink so much next time.

I'm feeling much better now, thanks for asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home