Monday, November 15, 2004

They'd never convict me

My co-worker who sits directly behind me uses two exclamations constantly: "Yikes!" and "Ay yi yi..." Every error she comes across, big or small, devestating or miniscule, she has to let loose with one phrase or the other. Keep in mind that she is primarily a proofreader, so finding mistakes is her job. Suffice to say, some days hardly a minute goes by without a "Yikes!" She also uses the same inflection for both every time. I'm a tolerant man, but there's only so long I can go until I completely lose it. My one ray of hope is that I won't be sitting quite so close to her when we move to our new offices in February. I'll have my own giant cubicle of wonderment.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if people I know harbor secret resentment to certain habits I have. I know I'm prone to whistling, humming, and giggling nervously. Also, my laugh has developed into a terrifying, high-pitched cackle which I despise but can't really help. So let this be an open forum for any of you to voice your displeasure about any of my habits. Let loose. Feel free.

UNRELATED NEWS: I forgot a funny detail about Megan's birthday; there were no girls there. Megan and Liz comprised 1/3 of the female population of their party all on their own. The number of females topped out at seven. Strange, tipsy men came up to Kim for hugs, because they had nowhere else to go. It was pretty funny. Liz said it was because several of their girl friends had just moved to New York. Fair enough. It was still a pretty good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home