Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lost finale

Okay, so I still haven't watched the Lost season finale, but I've already spoiled it for myself, so I can tell y'all about the little bet I had with myself.

Now, you guys know how I feel about Lost. (And if you don't, there was an LA Times article last week that voiced the very same frustrations I've been posting here for months. Check it out!) I read an interview awhile ago that said they were going to open the hatch in the season finale. That's when I made my little bet. I said to myself, "If they open the hatch, and go inside, and what's inside the hatch is the cliffhanger, then I'll keep watching. If the fact that they open the hatch is the cliffhanger, then that show is dead to me."

We all know how that turned out, don't we?

Emory will still be watching, of course, so I can rely on him to tell me if anything interesting actually happens, but I'm done with the show. Done, I say!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I will, just as soon as you tell me what we've learned about, say, Kate's character, after 3 tedious flashback episodes. Let's break it down by episode.

1)She's a criminal!
2)She's a criminal... with a soft spot for some dude!
3)See #2, only this time we actually see the dude.

Now I can enjoy a leisurely-paced show. This past season of Deadwood, for example. The primary arc was the political mechanations necessary for annexation of the camp. Sounds riveting, right? But it was, because Deadwood has some of the most well-realized characters on TV. (Plus Deadwood was only 12 episodes long) Lost just isn't cutting it for me, character-wise OR plot-wise. And next season it's going to be on at the same time as Veronica Mars. It's an easy call for me.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

She is hot, I'll give you that.

But not as hot as Kristen Bell.

Well, maybe as hot, but not nearly as likeable.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Likewise. I still can't bring myself to actually sit down and watch the final two episodes. I missed several of them before that.

Jenni, I normally don't much care for blonds, either, but there's just something about Kristen Bell...

Perhaps I am just a sucker for teen detectives.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I always thought you had a creepy child molester vibe about you...

Aw, you're just mad that I exposed your and Alan's illicit affair in the SMRT-forum...

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home