Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'll break YOUR leg

I don't go in for theatrical superstition. You do not need to say "break a leg" to me. "Good luck" or "good show" are just fine. I say "good show," since I emphatically refuse to say "break a leg." I also will say "Macbeth" in a theater. I'll say it a lot. I'm still waiting for the doom to fall upon me. When I was in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead back in college, I got chastised for whistling in the theater, because that's apparently bad luck, too. Whatever.

Man, isn't acting hard enough without having to worry about bullshit like that?


Which isn't to say I don't appreciate people saying "break a leg." I appreciate the sentiment muchly. Just letting you know that "good luck" is just as good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

It is in Jeff Land.

Also, "fantabulous" and "unbecoolievable"

3:27 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I used to say "Macbeth" all the time in high school plays. People would gasp. Then I'd say "Macbeth" again. This all amounted to sweet nothing on the stage.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home