Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The sniffles

I rarely get sick, and when I do the illness usually passes quickly, but no matter the length or severity of the cold, I always have the sniffles for a ridiculous length of time after the primary malady has passed. Each cold results in days of intense nose-blowing, followed by days and days and days of intermitent stuffiness. After my recent illness in San Diego, I finally was able to completely stop sniffing last week.

So imagine my total DELIGHT when on Sunday night I developed a horrifically sore throat and a runny nose. I went to work yesterday despite this, and when I got home I ate dinner and then passed out around 6:30, not to be completely awakened until my alarm started blaring at me 13 hours later. I woke up refreshed and completely healed, my sore throat not but a memory, except my nose was completely stuffed up again. Now I have another week or two of snorfling to look forward to.

Sure, I could down tons of decongestants, but my budget is limited right now and can't be wasted on helpful but ultimately unnecessay pharmecuticals. So I'm salvaging my last few Contacs, to be reserved for surprise singing engagements or functions where I might encounter single women. So most of my time is spent adding to an alarmingly high pile of tissues in my trashcan. My co-workers must love me, considering the wet honks that eminate from my cubicle about every half-hour or so, and the near-constant sniffs that occupy the time in between honks. They're all too polite to comment, though. Perhaps they are afraid of me.

ANYWAY, if my current illness can be atributed to a living being, pray it isn't you, for if I discover who gave me this cold I will hunt them and kill them with all my skill and guile. So sayeth I.

P.S. Being sick sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home