Monday, October 24, 2005

Adventures in Weekend-ing

This weekend was an endless calvacade of delights.

On Friday a group of us (Team Friday!) went to see the premiere of Frank's show, Lucid Sound. It was great, and Frank was great. Afterwards we swung by Ye Olde King's Heade Pub and chatted with Brooke, Nell, and Whitney. Then we went to Rick's birthday party to witness his amusing and alarmingly accurate impression of me. Afterwards I had Paul and Aimee drop me off at my bus stop in Hollywood, where I figured I'd have to wait forty minutes or so for a bus to come. But then one came in like two minutes. Perfecto!

Saturday morning Emory, Leslie, and I started watching my new copy of season 1 of Veronica Mars. Emory's totally into the Mars now. This fills me with joy. In the afternoon we went to Paul and I's "birthday movie", Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's a damn fine time, with some of the funnier lines you'll hear this year. Kilmer and Downey are great together. Their charm really smooths over the movie's weaknesses. Afterwards I went back to Paul's where we killed time with videogames before we went to our friend Chandler's birthday party. Turns out Chandler has the same birthday as me. Good times. At about 11 Paul and I headed to Swingers in Santa Monica to meet up with Frank and our old high school friend Ben, who was visiting and had gone to see Frank's play. We went out to a bar with him for a bit, then Frank and I headed back to Frank's place where Matt was holding a birthday part for his and Frank's friend, Dan. (Was everyone on earth born this week? Yes.) I knew pretty much no one, but then Nell, Chandler, and Lindsey came over from Chandler's place because Chandler's party had broked up earlier, and then Paul came by around two. Then we stayed up until five in the morning. Now that? Was a Saturday.

I crashed at Frank's place (obviously), and when we woke up we had lunch and then met Paul at the Laemmle Music Hall to see our friend Jamie's movie, Living 'til the End. It starred Jamie and Sean Maher (from Serenity), and he was actually really funny and charming. Now I feel bad that I said those not-so-nice things about his acting on Firefly. Oh, well. After that we watched Paul eat at Kate Mantellini (I had never actually been there). The many pictures of Andie McDowell are truly creepy. Then we headed back up to Glendale, had hot wings, and did some stuff for the website. Then I fell asleep watching Adult Swim. I'm not sure that Squidbillies is any good, but it sort of has to be seen to be believed.

Hey! New updates on the website every day this week! Except maybe Friday! But it's coming along! Rock!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yay, birthday! Yay, good weekend!

You didn't mention the exiting drunk dialing that we Vegas folk unleashed. Unless, of course, I'm not remembering clearly and it didn't actually happen. I mean, I was DRUNK.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Jenni - We've been quoting that line all weekend. Also, "No, I ask the questions now. Why would you pee on the body?"

Frank said we missed you by about five minutes at Swingers.

Liz - Oh, that drunk dialing happened, all right. Alan called me then asked to speak to Frank, then Asa called Frank's phone which Frank handed to me, and when I picked up Asa just said "Whatever Alan is telling Frank right now is LIES." Then he repeated that sentiment a few times and hung up.

It was all good. I had actually managed to get tipsy at that point as well.

12:53 PM  
Blogger The Atrox said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

We quietly noted it. Ethan, too.

Don't ask me how long it took me to figure out what you were talking about in that comment, though.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home