Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Comics post that few will enjoy

Re: DC's announced trades for Jan/Feb:

On the one hand, that Alan Moore trade looks great ("Killing Joke," "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" plus every other DC superhero story Alan Moore wrote), and it's only 20 bucks.

On the other hand, Seven Soldiers of Victory Vol. 1? The first eight Seven Soldiers issues which cost me around $25 dollars are collected for just $15? And they seem to actually be printing them in the order they were released, rather than just collecting the minis individually? Dammit, DC! Why'd you have to wise up about trades as soon as I had totally given up on you ever doing so?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

If I stopped getting Seven Soldiers now, Leslie would probably start getting them in issues, but then we'd each have exactly half of the story. And that would be kind of dumb.

I'll probably get the trades anyway, because I am a sucker for trades as well as just a sucker. Actually, it depends on if they print the individual issues in the proper order (the order they came out), rather than lumping together the chapters of each miniseries (like here's the 1st 2 issues of Shining Kinght, followed by the first two issues of Guardian).

I mean, I bought the We3 trade simply because I had to have that book in one volume, sans ads, so that I might drink deep of its excellence.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home