Friday, October 07, 2005

Nerdity

Liz also reminded me of something else to post here.

Should you have DirectTV (that's like, all of you, right?) then there's a short documentary on Current channel created by my pals Quin and Mandy, and featuring yours truly, as well as fellow bloggers Asa, Laurel, and Liz. And Jesse, but he doesn't blog. And some other people I know, but they are peripheral characters.

Basically the focus is on how none of us got laid at Comicon. (I guess the "modern geek" could be a theme, but let's face it. The arc of the story is that none of us have sex.) You'd think that would come off as condescending or insulting, but it doesn't. Although I'd like to hear what someone who wasn't actually there thinks. It'd be interesting to see how it plays with someone who doesn't have the full backstory.

Also, according to most everyone, I am a total hambone in this movie. They used all my most ham-tastic takes. What can I say? I'm a cheeseball. Hopefully in a Nathan Fillion-esque charming way, rather than in a Robin Williams-esque "want to beat him to death" way. Go get DirectTV and you can be the judge.

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

My mom has the flu and my dad works from home. They are both very excited about seeing it this afternoon. I'll totally post their reactions.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Ask them if they think I am a crazy shut-in who lives with his cat.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I thought that was a given.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

*cries deep, bitter tears*

*holds cat for comfort*

3:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

There, there. Lots of cool people live alone with their cats. And Frances Conroy in CATWOMAN! Like Bond villains!

Unless you count minions as people. Personally, I don't. I'm PREJUDICED.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

My comment above was mid-edit when posted. Alas. Ignore it.

In other news, my parents seem to think that we all come off as fairly normal. But my parents have a low standard.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Your glee seems misplaced, unless you got secretly laid in San Diego

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home