Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Serenity

I suppose I should talk about Serenity, although I have ad nauseum on various message boards, so I'm kind of burned out.

I'll just say a few things. One, it's the first movie in what seems like forever that I have actually been actively interested in seeing again in the theater. Two, the complaints I've heard about the movie tend to stem from the idea that it should be more like the TV show, to which I say movies are not TV. The first half, which did feel just like an episode of the show, was the least interesting section. And third, if they were going to kill characters, those were the ones to kill.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I am most sympathetic towards those who wish it was more like the TV show, since we all would have liked to watch that plot unfold over a full season, but movie Firefly is better than no Firefly at all.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home