Thursday, September 29, 2005

And yet more TV

Because all them new shows is on!

All shows brought to you by the power of DVR technology, except for Lost, which was annoyingly watched in real time.

Caught both My Name Is Earl and The Office. Earl is pretty funny, if lightweight, and isn't afraid to use weird humor or cutaway gags a la Family Guy. The American Office is totally fine, I laughed really hard at several lines, and the cast seems game. But, y'know, the British one is better. You know, the show might greatly benefit from developing plots that don't resemble the original's. Then maybe my mind wouldn't be constantly thinking "This is funny, but it's been done funnier." David Koechner is a good choice for the Chris Finch role, though. And it's a funny show, which is a relief.

Watching last night's Lost was like reading Bendis' Daredevil in singles. Like "Oh sure, we could move on, but don't you want to know what happened once Locke and Kate got down there?" Which I was totally cool with, until they once again stopped at least week's cliffhanger. Nothing really wrong with those scenes, I'd just like to move on, you know? I really enjoyed the moment with Kate in the food store. That was just right. The episode gets points for having the vast majority of its run time take place on the island, but loses those points because the scenes between Michael and Sawyer were poorly written and acted. Sawyer pulling the bullet out with his bare hands was cool. The flashbacks were brief and to the point, and STILL managed to hammer home a point that could have been made in 1/3 of the time. Didn't we get this info last season? I missed the Michael/Walt ep last time, so I honestly don't know. Nice cliffhanger, though.

Big news last night for me was, of course, the return of the Mars. Nice start. A bit voiceover-heavy, but there was a lot of information to convey. A couple of really nice twists. "Why is Meg being so mean to Veronica? Oh. Oh!" Charisma Carpenter showed up, wearing mostly nothing, which is well within bounds. Guttenberg didn't make me want to punch him, which is a start.

SPOILERVILLE - POPULATION: THE NEXT PARAGRAPH (oh boo, me)


I lose the bet. Logan was behind the door. Although when Veronica said "Logan!" she sounded surprised. Surprised it was Logan, or surprised he was beaten to a pulp? The first option's cooler, but it wasn't clear. Maybe when I watch it again it'll be more obvious. Wait, didn't she say "Logan!" before he turned around, revealing the beatage? I like that.

The final bus crash confused me, because it took me forever to figure out it was the bus that had crashed. Good thing Leslie was watching with me. Bye, Meg.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Yeah, I totally knew it was the bus. And yes, she is totally surprised to see Logan. I'm assuming she thought it was Duncan

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home