Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Another 48 Hours in Rome

When I was rounding up TV yesterday, I forgot to talk about Rome.

Who knows how long this will last, but at the moment the primary way Rome amuses me is by taking the history of the Roman Empire and turning it into a buddy cop comedy. I mean, that's just genius. I'm snickering to myself just thinking about it. Every scene with Verenus and Pullo together? I'm on the floor.

Not to say that it isn't a good show. It's a fine entertainment. It's no Deadwood, that's for certain. (Four episodes into Deadwood, Wild Bill Hickok was shot and I was in love with the show forever.) Rome doesn't seem to have as much on its mind as Deadwood, it actually seems to be mostly interested in chronicling historical events while tossing in a multitude of soap opera elements, but that doesn't mean it's not a ripping good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home