Friday, September 30, 2005

The Mars

Sure, Veronica Mars' ratings were nothing compared to the juggernaut that is Lost, but the show still managed to snag its highest-ever ratings for its season premiere. Yay! Maybe they won't cancel it immediately.

(Actually, UPN is so buzz-hungry that they probably would have kept the show around, regardless. I mean, they still ordered a full 2nd season despite the 1st season's sucky ratings performance. I think they're just glad to have a genuinely good show.)

In other Mars-related news, here's a quote from a certain Joss Whedon, when asked about shows that may have been influenced by Buffy:

"I feel like it’s a boom that I helped start, but oddly enough, not a boom I was that interested in starting. The only time I’ve ever heard somebody say, “This is the result of ‘Buffy’ ” and felt actually that it was true, and was really proud of, was “Veronica Mars.” Because that’s what I was really interested in: the humor and the pathos and the pain, and the heightened reality of high school. And a girl who is just awesome."

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

That quote makes me feel funny. Just 3 and 1/2 little hours 'til "Serenity."

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home