Monday, November 21, 2005

The end of the week

This weekend, the password for action was... um... well, the weekend can't really be summed up in one word. "Drinking," maybe, but that's sort of embarssing.

Friday night we had our Moving Out/Emory and Leslie's Birthday Party at our place up in Glendale. It was a pretty low-key affair, which was nice, actually, and it was a fine mix of people, with Cinema House, Occidental, Claremont, the West side, and KC kids all represented. We talked about Top Model way too much. But everyone seemed to have a good time, anyway. PLUS, I didn't fall asleep before everyone left! Nor did I pass out in the bathroom! I totally fulfilled my goals for that party.

Saturday Leslie and I went to the bank and got our cashier's check to pay the first month's rent on the NEW PLACE. Then we met up with a large team of folks in Burbank to catch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. (Spoilers ahead, if that deters you.) It's my favorite book of the series, so I'm pleased to report that the movie did not disappoint. Mike Newell is clearly more adept at comedy than action, so the big dragon chase wasn't particularly riveting, but all the teenage love angsty stuff was great. Plus Newell got some great performances out of all those great British actors. Nice to see them actually utilize Maggie Smith, for a change. And Brendan Gleeson was GREAT. Most importantly, the ending had all the emotional punch I hoped for. Although major characters die in each of the subsequent books, I don't think the series as a whole has topped the impact of Cedric dying. It's in that moment that the fun and games are over. Anyway, good movie.

Saturday night was Mayday, and I had planned on going, but then I didn't have a way there, and Leslie, Emory, Matt, and Andrea were going to Frank's show since it was the last night, and I wanted to see it again but hadn't yet, so to sum it up, I went to Frank's show instead. Sorry, Mayday people! I will enjoy your films on DVD! After the show, Frank and I went to the cast party and had a grand old time.

Frank wound up crashing at my place, so the next day we had lunch and then I recorded a bunch of Veronica Mars episodes for him. Man, that show is GREAT. That night we were supposed to go sign our lease, but our landlady called Leslie to reschedule, so Frank and I went down to the pier for our buddy Chris' birthday party/concert (he's a musician, see). It was more good times.

And now this relating of a series of events has come to a close!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Jeff at the promenade on sunday evening, and he did not seem very happy to see me.
also, I was not invited to his party.
that's all.
-kevin

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

To be fair, Kevin would not have noticed Frank and me if I hadn't waved at him vigorously. I was happy to see him, but perhaps it did not come across.

Kevin was not invited to my party because I don't have his email and/or phone number and I always forget he's not on Begum anymore.

End of line.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin also knew about your party beforehand (I saw him at Hollywood House that evening) and probably should have assumed he'd be welcome.

Mike

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home