Monday, December 12, 2005

Fin de semaine

Good weekend! Full of adventure.

Friday night was Mike's birthday, where we had delicious Palermo's and there were a million of us. Poor Adam and Liz blew a tire just as they arrived at the restaurant, so they missed the whole meal. The whole meal that they ORGANIZED. That was terrible. But Mike's birthday was good.

Afterwards we went to see Narnia. If I were 10 years old and The Lord of the Rings had never been made, I probably would think it was the greatest movie ever. But neither of those things are true. It's a passable entertainment, but only passable.

Saturday I spent the day with my former college-mate and now coincidental-co-worker Sarah seeing Brokeback Mountain at the Grove. That movie is EXCELLENT. Were I one for making lists, it would be in my top three for this year. Great stuff. Also, "I wish I knew how to quit you" is my new favorite go-to punchline.

Saturday night was Amanda's third annual wine and cheese party. My emphasis was on the wine. It was a delightful affair, as usual, thankfully sans awkward "spin the bottle" like last time.

Sunday (and Saturday morning) I set to painting my room. It's a great shade of green (with just a hint of blue). I'm more than half finished, but I ran out of paint. Guess it will have to wait until I'm paid later this week. But painting makes me feel so productive!

Later in the evening Mike came over (since he lives about two seconds away) to watch some Mystery Science Theater. We watched The Day the Earth Froze, which was one of my favorite episodes when I was 14. Joel and the bots would say some line and Emory would say "Jeff said that all the time in middle school. I have this whole episode memorized because Jeff quoted it all the time." He wasn't far wrong.

Sunday night I went to a holiday party at Nell, Brooke, and Whitney's. There was much nog consuming and raucous singing of carols. We even had enough people for a fine rendition of "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Paul tried to steal a bag full of Emory's and my stuff that we had lent to Nell for Chrome Embrace research, claiming that I would get drunk and forget it. Screw him! I totally remembered it! I didn't even get that drunk. Frank was the one who fell asleep on the couch.

See how full of adventure my weekend was! Don't you wish you had my exciting and vivacious life? You DO! I can TELL!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Will someone please put me out? I SEEM to BE on FIRE!!!"

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Trumbo - You would need to put in a lot more training before you could survive the seven trials that are the necessary prerequisite to being put on their invite list.

Paul - "DAMN CRAZY SWEDE!"

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so totally gonna be at your place all the time now.

Mike

P.S. After you left Emory and I watched "Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell" which was also pretty hilarious.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

It is so awesome that you can come over whenever and share the MST love. There is no aspect of this move that is not totally excellent.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, "Deathstalker"...

"Was she just edited to the ground?"

"Start the smoke, stir the sauce, all the time watchin' the helicopter..."

"Guess what I've been doing!"

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home