Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Globes

If anything, the Golden Globe nominations confirm what a damn dull year it's been for movies. Brokeback Mountain is great, as I said. As far as left-leaning poltical potboilers go, for my money Syriana is superior to The Constant Gardener, but I suppose the HFPA didn't want to slather too much prais on Clooney and Soderbergh. Then again, I think Syriana is better than Goodnight and Good Luck, as well.

Some of my friens have high hopes for The Producers, but I am skeptical. My remaining hopes for the year are pinned squarely on King Kong. Emory's seeing it tonight, so I'll see what he thinks before I catch it on Friday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Emory will love King Kong no matter what. I mean I'm sure it will be good, possibly even great, but Emory will love that movie beyond reason.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, is Emory going to the Arclight? Sitting by himself?

Mike

P.S. the secret words I have to enter to post here are awesome.

today's secret word: fbgtiwp

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw King Kong, and I liked it.

Then I saw it again, and I LOVED it.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home